Mark your calendars! In an effort to raise additional money for our organization and keep softball affordable for Oregon families, OYS is hosting its first ever Dine-Out event at Ziggy's on Thursday, February 22nd from 4p.m. to 8p.m. OYS will receive 10% of the proceeds from all purchases made - including ice cream! You don't need to bring a flyer or mention our name at the time of purchase. Simply take a night off of cooking, show up at Ziggy's, and enjoy some wonderful food (or a sweet treat) with your family. Invite other friends and family! Spread the word!
Thank you for supporting OYS and our girls!
Please see the chart below to help determine which team is best suited for your player.
What is Open Gym?
Open Gym is a FREE fun opportunity for girls to learn and practice softball skills with the help of coaches and parents from OYS. During each Open Gym we focus on basic skills such as throwing, hitting, and pitching. Open Gyms are structured events - participants are led through a series of drills and taught basic techniques, appropriate to their age and experience level.
When is Open Gym?
● January, February & March 4th- Sunday afternoon/early evening
● 60 to 75 minutes, depending on age.
Who can attend?
● All Oregon-Brooklyn softball players & all girls who are interested in softball in the Oregon School District.
● All are welcome - current players and girls who have never played!
● Open Gyms are broken down by age.
● Check the schedule on oregonyouthsoftball.com to see which Open Gym your daughter should attend.
Where is Open Gym?
Netherwood Knoll (NKE) Elementary in the big gym. Enter off of Main Street, just north of Gorman & Company. Go in the doors on the right.
Who Leads Open Gyms?
Open gyms are led by OYS softball coaches & assistant coaches, most often by the grade level that they coach. These leads will be directing the players with drills and structure. We always need parent assistant/support. Just let the lead know when you arrive if you can help. The more support the more the players get from the experience.
How do I participate?
● Check the schedule on oregonyouthsoftball.com to see which Open Gym time slot to attend. No registration is necessary.
● Bring your own bat, glove, a batting helmet (bicycle helmet works fine), water bottle and a good attitude! We provide balls & whiffles (no hard balls allowed in the gym) We have a few extra bats & helmets, but we encourage players to bring their own. Use of our equipment is at your own risk.
What do players do when they arrive?
● Leave their bags, boots, gear & water bottles in the hallway. No food/drink allowed in gym.
● Check in with the open gym lead.
PARENTS MUST STAY AT NETHERWOOD KNOLL GYM DURING OPEN GYM
Due to liabilities, parents are unable to drop-off their child.
This provides a good opportunity to help with each station and learn how you can help your child learn the sport of softball.
Oregon Youth Softball
No news currently found.