GroundskeeperU - tips and tricks on the field crew trade!
Oregon Youth Softball is looking for training space in the Oregon/Brooklyn/Fitchburg area. We are a town softball organization with tournament as well as recreational teams whose goal is to build strong, confident K-12 girls through the sport of softball.
Our not-for profit 501c3 organization is looking for a 2500 sq. foot donated/sponsored heated space for the months of December-March that would accommodate our needs for training our K-12 girls. With 130+ girls in our organization, we are outgrowing the gym space in the Oregon school gyms.
We have found that skill building in the winter months builds a love for the game. In order to compete at the highest level, it is critical for our players to have the option to train year-round.
We want to keep the game of softball affordable for all our of families. At this time, there are opportunities for girls to pay for private lessons and rent facilities in the Madison area. However, OYS wants to give all girls, regardless of household income a convenient local option where they can train and build their skills. With the help of parents and coaches, a training facility would help teams to build synergy and individual skill development prior to our softball season.
Space Needs Include:
• Optimal: 60 feet long x 50 feet wide.
• Minimum 2500 sq ft.
• Configured to 3-4 batting cages: A standard softball batting cage is 55 ft long x 12 or 14 ft wide x 12 feet high.
• 3-4 full length pitching lanes - 43 feet + additional space behind catcher and pitcher. It would also allow for distance pitching.
• Heated with concrete floor
• Adequate lighting
• Ability to hang netting in configurations to allow for pitching lanes and hitting areas; would require modifications with wall and/or post mounted hook screws.
OYS would supply / need to:
• Have access to the building at anytime
• Pay for heating/electrical
Oregon Youth Softball is excited to explore the opportunity to develop this player training
If you know of a space that might fit our needs, please contact:
Amy Crowe, OYS Board, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you in advance for your consideration!